Monday 30 November 2015

What If? Metropolis - Texture Swatches

Today we were taught how to make texture swatches in Photoshop. I took a marble texture from google images and used the offset tool to adjust the image settings, and then I cropped the image and duplicated it several times until the texture covered the whole canvas. Then, I used the clone stamp tool and spot healing brush to smooth some areas. This is the final texture swatch:


Then, I painted over the texture with pale cream colours and greys/ browns as my city will have a neutral colour scheme. This was just a practice exercise, later, I shall go back and create my own hand-painted textures using reference images. I just wanted to get a good understanding of how to create texture swatches using the techniques we learned today.


No comments:

Post a Comment